Monday, September 19, 2011

Nutty. Buttery.

Y'ALL.

I made homemade almond butter.  Okay, really, my food processor made almond butter.  But it was my diabolical plan.  Now, I'm not normally an almond girl.  I think they're kind of dry and hard, and they just don't have the same swoon factor for me as my beloved cashews.  We rarely to never have them at the house, but thanks to a sale at Publix (plus a coupon!), we've had a nice bag of roasted almonds in the pantry for a couple of weeks now.  My House Elves had cleaned out the peanut butter (well, THIS House Elf polished off the last tablespoon at midnight, but I digress), and we needed more.  I looked at this languishing bag of almonds and knew it couldn't be THAT difficult to make my own almond butter.

And no, it wasn't.  I just dumped the bag of almonds into the food processor.  Then I ground them to bits.  (Pro-tip: this is REALLY noisy at first.  Like, hold your hands over your ears and turn the food processor on with your elbow kind of noisy.)  Then I added three heaping tablespoons of brown sugar, a little salt, and a little vegetable oil.  (And then a bit more vegetable oil.)  And it was magic.  I'm officially an almond butter convert, at least as long as I can make my own.

This is what it looks like schmeared all over a some bread.


I love the grainy texture!


Jay obviously hated it.  I scraped every last bit I could out of the bowl, and I'm trying to think of a way to fit my head into the oddly shaped food processor bowl.  Because it's just that good.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were magic when you made your own butter- now you're just showing off. But that's okay because now I'm going to have to make some, too....

    ReplyDelete