Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank the Stars for Pictures and Pandora

I've spent the last twenty four hours getting the crap kicked out of me by a brutal stomach bug and the better part of the past three weeks battling a case of the blues.  I am happy to report that I am on the mend on both fronts.  Tonight's supper is on the stove, a tasty stroganoff that involves copious amounts of crimini mushrooms and can be eaten over rice, in a bowl, and with a spoon. 

(If you must know anything about me, know that I cook two to three meals a week that are something over rice, and my favorite foods are those which can be eaten out of a bowl and with a spoon.  I love spoons, and I'm not using a fork unless I absolutely must.  It's just a thing I have.  /endrant.)

I had my Adele station blaring on Pandora, and I am happy to report that not one unfamiliar song has played.  (This is my goal with any Pandora station I create.  I don't know.)  I left the computer long enough for the screensaver to pop up, which is just a slideshow of the 'my pictures' folder on my computer.  I ended up unable to stop watching the slideshow and sat there, entranced, for a good twenty minutes.  I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty good, and my friends and family are even better.   I am one lucky duck.  So here's a few of my favorites just to share with you, whoever you are, and wherever you may be tonight.

My grandmother, Edith (Edie's namesake), at a lathe during WWII.  She didn't wear dresses until she was a teenager wanting to go on a date with the man who eventually became my grandfather, kept a short haircut almost her entire life, and always let people know what she thought.

My granddaddy Bubba with a Corsair during the Korean War.  Even as he neared the end of his life and didn't quite remember everything as he always had, he could remember the day he took this picture with this plane, and even told my mom and me about where we could find it for him.

My great aunt Cora.  I just love this picture of her because, though she smiled plenty in life, there are hardly any pictures of her actually doing so!

My great aunt Nell and my Billy Pa.  I love everything about this picture.

These people.  This football stadium.

This night.  Oh, dear, this night.

This place.

Us.

THIS UNREAL ANIMAL.  I'm unsure how she's even real.  THAT FACE.

My buddy boy.

Why yes, I think there shall be an obligatory dog picture in every post.  Sometimes even repeats.  As you can see, life is okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment