Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lessons in Crappy Wednesdays

Today was a bit terrible.

I woke up late, had to get ready in a rush, and left the house ten minutes late.  It was raining, so traffic was a nightmare. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to make it the six and a half miles to work.  When I got to work, our phones and internet weren't working.  And we had closings today.  When the phone and internet continued to NOT WORK, I had to go to the main office, where they very handily showed me how to access email remotely.  One of our afternoon closings continued to be delayed, and the Trusty Coworker had to leave for an out of county closing, which meant I had to deal with the other.  My hair was a mess because of the rain, and my thought-it-was-cute-at-the-store striped shirt ended up making me look more like I escaped from a hipster prision rather than passed the bar last summer.  Needless to say, I was not looking forward to the rest of the day.

And then, the settlement statement got approved.  A cable tech person came out and managed to FIX THE INTERNET.  The clients came by, and they were super sweet people.  The loan officer is one of our favorites, and it's always nice when we have a good closing with him.  Jay stopped by and took me to get Indian food, and the paneer pakoras were melt in your mouth good. I came home to two very happy dogs, and now I'm watching Arrested Development on one side of my 42" computer screen and writing this little love note to the internet in the other.  Things are not so bad after all, and I may have even learned a lesson about writing a bad day off.  Hope this finds the rest of the internet well.

No comments:

Post a Comment